Monday, September 1, 2008

My 1st job interview

I believe that the logo says it all.

Yeah ! My first job interview was with IBM (Malaysia) located in 19th Floor,Plaza IBM, Petaling Jaya. This is also the first job i applied through Jobstreet.Com and i got a call to go for an interview. I was kinda excited because the lady called at about 7:30pm on 26th August (Tuesday) asking me information about myself and my education background then lastly she said are you free to come for an interview tomorrow. I answered "Sure". Then she asked from Seremban how long i need to drive down to Petaling Jaya. I said about 2 hours because i do not drive very fast...LOL ~ I said that because i do not want her to schedule me a very early interview. I need to get my beauty sleep. So she said alright how about an interview at 11am on 27th August (Wednesday). I said okey. I am able to make it. Then she introduced her ownself as Ms.Meng and the details i need to know when i reach there. After having the conversation with Ms.Meng i was jumping in joy informing my mum about this good news.

On the same day, i packed my things and rushed down to my sister's place in PJ to stay because i do not want to wake up early and drive. It would be very tiring. So at about 9.30pm i left home and head to PJ. And i took the wrong turning. I supposed to turn at exit Damansara/PJ instead i took the Subang Jaya/PJ turning. I ended up somewhere else. Then my brother in-law and sister have to come and get me. Ha ha ~ Luckily they know where i am. I was not far from home actually. Reached home at about 11.10pm. Bathed and online for a while and went to bed at about 12.20am.


Date: 27th August 2008
Time: 11am
Venue: 19th Floor, Plaza IBM, Petaling Jaya
Interviewer: Ms.Meng
Interviewee: Ms.Clara Tan



I reached there about 10.40am. I went to the receptionist and she gave me a form to fill in. After that i waited for a while and Ms.Meng came. She said i got to wait for a while because she had to interview the Korean girl first :):). I waited for about 30 minutes then it was my turn. So we went into the room and she interviewed me on a one to one interview. She was just asking those common questions that would be asked during an interview :) I think the interview lasted about 30 minutes. She was asking all sort of questions. After the interview with her i am supposed to meet up with her manager. The manager was also a lady. The manager interviewed me for about 10-15 minutes. After that i was allowed to go back. On the lift i met with the Ms.Meng again and she told me that her manager asked to offer me a temporary job that is a 4 months contract. I told her i will consider and let her know tomorrow.

So the next following day she called at 9am. I did not pick up because i was still sleeping :):). After that I woke up and return her call at 9.30am saying that i am going to take the offer. Then she said good good and says that the man power people will prepare and documents and will contact me.

But till today 2nd September 2008 ( Tuesday) there was no news from her or the man power people. Is the job still open for me ? I have to give her a call today and ask about it !

While writing this post. A miracle happen. She called. I was required to sign a contract today or tomorrow. Better today because i am starting my job tomorrow ! Cheers :):):):)

2 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

clara tan is employed! =P

joann lee said...

gong hei gong hei